Health: Trusted and Empathetic Health and Wellness Information
Guidelines from NIH for the diagnosis, treatment, and control of COVID-19. NIH is the largest source of funding for medical research in the world, creating hundreds of thousands of high-quality jobs. Health literacy impacts how well people can find, understand & use health information to inform health-related decisions. Look up health, healthy, or healthful in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Public health has been promoted – and depicted – in a wide variety of ways. For urgent medical help – use the NHS 111 online service, or call 111 if you’re unable to get help online.
- Improves access to quality health care services through the use of telehealth.
- Share your medications, blood glucose, Walking Steadiness, cardio fitness, and other mobility metrics with providers.
- Health, according to the World Health Organization, is “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease and infirmity”.
- Minister of Health, Budi Gunadi Sadikin explained the target could be achieved with leadership and accountability of provincial and regency/city governments.
- Its key objectives are to promote high standards of oral health and to promote the interests of the dental profession in Singapore.
- Create an emergency Medical ID card that allows first responders to access your critical medical information from the Lock Screen.
In addition, sleep deprivation has been shown to correlate with both increased susceptibility to illness and slower recovery times from illness. In one study, people with chronic insufficient sleep, set as six hours of sleep a night or less, were found to be four times more likely to catch a cold compared to those who reported sleeping for seven hours or more a night. Due to the role of sleep in regulating metabolism, insufficient sleep may also play a role in weight gain or, conversely, in impeding weight loss.
Search all our content for trusted health information including resources from our information partners. Resources & Statistics E-Consultation Through E-Consultation, MOH aims to gather feedback and suggestion from members of the public to further improve policies, programmes and services. Disease Updates Overview of Diseases Learn more about the various infectious diseases that Singapore has overcome. Upcoming and Completed Healthcare Facilities View all upcoming and completed healthcare facilities. See One Health resources, including free downloadable graphics, publications, partners, and more.
COVID-19 Situation at a Glance
A research effort to revolutionize how we improve health and treat disease. A public-private partnership to develop a coordinated research strategy to speed the most promising COVID-19 vaccines and treatments. Lawrence A. Tabak, D.D.S., Ph.D. is performing the duties of the NIH Director and provides leadership for the 27 institutes and centers that make up the NIH. Learn about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Learn how to help baby sleep safely and to reduce the risk of SIDS and other sleep-related causes of infant death.